Sunday, October 17, 2010

Does Implantation Bleeding Look Like Tissue

Jean-Christophe Norman, ongoing maintenance, episode 2

After an initial meeting in July 2010, John Christ ophe Norman and myself have decided to specify our exchange in writing. The artist explained to me and what is its practice, its genesis to its development, and I respond, questions, day after day. Until ...?

Sophie Lapalu: What you mean by "mental walk"?

Jean-Christophe Norman: It's like a permanent move. Even when the body is at rest, the mind generates movement and change. The spirit is running. It's a bit of a reality insomniac, but not only. I think a lot of things that are invented in a state of alert, despite almost anyone. And I often creates situations which are in this direction. For example, during the very long stairs that I have been able to achieve in New York, Tokyo or even in Vilnius I had several times when I switch to something that I do
mastered at all.
depletion can be liberating, enabling a sort of reverie or detachment. The body continues to "walk" in an almost mechanical and mind is elsewhere. Sometimes I connect in the way of performance and sleep. In both parties, time, duration of action are greatly exaggerated. The action loses its original function: to go somewhere and rest. At the museum
Geo Charles Echirolles, I did a performance called One day one night - (sleeping walk) . This was a follow to a very long walk that I made during one of my stays in New York. During a day and night without interruption, I had walked through the streets of Manhattan, Harlem and the Bronx yet. I got lost in the space of the city and time of travel. I realized, wire conductor, a sound recording, with a light sensor. Nothing distinguished me from other passers-by, and yet I found myself in a kind of drunkenness. In the museum, I decided to sleep for a period identical. I found myself in a tent. The public could not see me, but I knew this. In another tent, the soundtrack of the long march was played. So I connected places and different times.

SL: Can you say that you became an artist after stress (your health)? Is it feels like today in your practice? I think your steps are drawn from very specific constraints that you're appointed thee: go to point to the point of such city, counting the seconds, minutes and hours, and placing them in chalk on the ground , for example. Do you think it's related?

"Crossing PoznaƄ" / first day (Cross Pozna N / first day)
September 3 - first day of the performance of Jean-Christophe Norman
Biennale Pozna n 2010


JC. N. : I like to set constraints. Perhaps it is to keep the greatest possible distance constraints of everyday life! I do not know. Still, other than setting rules, absurd rules most of the time, there are chances that unforeseen events arise. It's a way to challenge daily. I 've often spoke of Michel de Certeau in this regard. I knew the title of his book The Practice of Everyday Life , I was dreaming, but I had it not read. Again c 'was held at bay ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment